What is the Vampire Facelift®
The Vampire Facelift®, also known as a stem cell facelift or vampire facial, is a cosmetic skin rejuvenation procedure that enhances volume in the face using a combination of hyaluronic acid and platelet rich plasma (PRP). Vampire Facelift® uses the body’s own natural healing and growth factors derived from your own blood, hence the name.
What is the Vampire Facelift® used to treat?
Areas that can be treated by a Vampire Facelift® include:
- Wrinkles around the nose
- Wrinkles or lines at the corners of the mouth
- row’s feet
- Wrinkles on the forehead
- Smile lines
- Cheeks that have lost volume
How does the Vampire Facelift® procedure work?
The Vampire Facelift® is an outpatient procedure and results can be seen on the same day. The main source for the Vampire Facelift® is platelet rich fibrin matrix (PRFM), a thicker form of PRP, derived from the patient’s own blood before it is mixed with other factors. The actual procedure is near painless and involves a series of injections into strategic areas of the face, reducing wrinkles, adding volume and improving skin quality
What are the steps associated with the Vampire Facelift®?
During a Vampire Facelift®, Dr. Soni will perform the following steps:
- Hyaluronic acid fillers will be used to sculpt a youthful-looking face, while keeping the patient’s natural face shape. After creating this shape using dermal fillers, Dr. Soni harvests growth factors that the body uses to heal damaged tissue from the patient’s own blood.
- Next, Dr. Soni will isolate growth factors from the patient’s blood using a centrifuge. The platelets are then activated, which causes the release of at least 8 growth factors that are normally used to heal injured tissue. These growth factors cause increased collagen and new blood flow. To rejuvenate the skin, these growth factors must be put back into your face.
- Using numbing cream and a very small needle, Dr. Soni then injects these growth factors into the face. The growth factors activate multi-potent stem cells, which are already in the skin. By doing this, the face is stimulated to grow new tissue. These multi-potent stem cells develop into new collagen, new fatty tissue (for smoothness), and new blood vessels, which all combine to create a healthy, youthful glow.
What are the benefits of the Vampire Facelift®?
There are many benefits of undergoing a Vampire Facelift®. You achieve a smoother and brighter complexion using only natural resources. Additionally, the Vampire Facelift® is inexpensive in comparison to other more invasive rejuvenating procedures, such as a traditional facelift. Lastly, the procedure is typically safe, involves a short recovery time and has no known side effects.
How long do the effects of the Vampire Facelift® last?
The effects of the Vampire Facelift®™ procedure improve skin within 2 to 3 months and last for at least 1 to 2 years.
Who is a candidate for the Vampire Facelift®?
The Vampire Facelift® is not for everyone. This procedure is for people with more advanced signs of aging.
Dr. Prabhat Soni is a Vampire Facelift® certified physician who has extensive experience with performing this rejuvenating cosmetic facial procedure to improve the look of aging skin without invasive surgery. To determine if the Vampire Facelift® is right for you, a personal consultation with an accredited provider like Dr. Soni is the first step.
Get started by scheduling an appointment today.